ButterFly Garden Shout Out!
As you drop off and pick up your child, you may have noticed the thriving Butterfly Garden (at the south end of the school).
These fantastic planters and their beautiful blooms would not have survived this year’s heat dome temperatures had it not been for a handful of dedicated community members, including:
- Stephanie Cochran
- Brian Bailey
- Nicola Harper
- Dan and Amy Schartz
- Liz Darling
- Lesley DaSilva
- Diane Ehling
These volunteers stepped up to water, tend and take care of these plants — sometimes more than once per day!
…and this is the result of this hard work…
In addition, Fiona Hughes, a former parent at our school and community neighbour, also worked tirelessly for a number of weeks to revive our stressed Maple trees that line the front of our school (beside the “Public Libary”). To keep the trees alive, Fiona dragged two hoses from her own home in order to connect to the Butterfly Garden hose and extend the reach of the water to the Maple trees. Fiona would use this hose connection to fill five watering bags — garden-specific bags that hold 20 litres of water each and bought by Diane Ehling for this specific purpose. (Diane says that another neighbour, with no connection to our school, also offered to help fill the bags!).
As Diane Ehling so aptly says: “Three cheers to all our environment helpers, parents and students who came out to give a helping hand!”
Support & Promote Year-Round
Want to help support the PAC and Cove Cliff Elementary School? Here are every day (and every season) purchases, where a portion of your fee ends up back at the PAC and ready to spend on activities and initiatives to help the school:
- Mount Seymour Season Passes
- Cobb’s Bread
- Munch A Lunch – Hot Lunch (NOTE: Currently not running, due to COVID restrictions.)
- Buy tickets & bid on great prizes at the annual Seymour Cove Auction
Here is a list of current volunteer opportunities for 2021
- The PAC is currently seeking a District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) Representative
The role of a DPAC Representative includes:
- Act as a liaison between the PAC and the DPAC.
- Communicate and obtain information from their respective PAC.
- Vote on behalf of their respective PAC at monthly DPAC meetings.
- Forward school-based issues to DPAC.
- Represent their respective PAC at all DPAC meetings and events.
If interested in this position, please contact:
- Class Representatives
The PAC is looking for class representatives.
If you are interested in this position please contact:
- Hot Lunch Volunteers (Currently on hold due to COVID restrictions.)
- Parent participation in PAC meetings